Rotc smp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotc smp

How does the SMP program actually work? My recruiter says I will drill with a local Guard unit for two years while I go to ROTC, does that sounds right? Also, will I get extra money by doing SMP, more so than a regular ROTC Cadet? Thanks!

The Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) allows you to participate in both the Guard and your college's ROTC program at the same time. During this two-year course, you'll be paired with and mentored by a unit officer, and get paid to drill once a month with your Guard unit (at the rate of E-5). At the same time, you'll earn the ROTC stipend of up to $350 for your sophomore year, $450 for your junior year, and $500 for your senior year. If you've served in the military previously, you may also be eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill benefits of up to $368 per month and a GI Bill Kicker at $350 per month (both tax free!).

If you intend to continue your affiliation with the National Guard, you should request the Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty (GRFD) Scholarship option at the time of contracting.

Individuals may not be both an enlisted person and a commissioned officer at the same time. Once commissioned through Army ROTC, you will be discharged from the Army National Guard, ending your initial enlistment contract and starting another Military Service Obligation (MSO) as an Officer.

For further assistance, you may chat with a representative by selecting the link below:

http://www.nationalguard.com/forumsc...0_web_20160801

Comment

Working...
    X