Joining the National Guard with an Architecture Degree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining the National Guard with an Architecture Degree

Greetings. Thank you all for your responses to my last inquiry about how to honor the National Guard. The suggestions provided are proving to be very useful. I have another question that is unrelated to the last one I asked. This is in regards to individuals who hold a bachelor degree or masters degree in Architecture. I have read that professional people can direct commission into the Military in their occupation and was wondering if the same holds for Architects in the National Guard or for the Military in general. Thank you all for your responses and Merry Christmas to you all!
    Last edited by NYS; 12-22-2017, 06:15 AM.

In short, the answer is No.

This degree is not in such high demand that it would garner a direct commission. While the provision remains in law and regulation that the Army can direct commission individuals with specialized skills, it is exceedingly rare outside of the "special branches" of medical, JAG (lawyer), and chaplain. At the height of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan a few enlisted Soldiers earned direct commissions through their battlefield performance.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      In short, the answer is No.

This degree is not in such high demand that it would garner a direct commission. While the provision remains in law and regulation that the Army can direct commission individuals with specialized skills, it is exceedingly rare outside of the "special branches" of medical, JAG (lawyer), and chaplain. At the height of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan a few enlisted Soldiers earned direct commissions through their battlefield performance.
      I see. Sir Thank you for your response. It's kind of ironic because I would have thought that the Army of all the branches would need people with design and building experience considering that they fight on the land unlike the Navy that operates on the water and the Air Force that deals with the sky but no big deal though. Again thank you

Comment

Working...
      X