Looking for advice and suggestions for honoring the National Guard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice and suggestions for honoring the National Guard

Greetings everyone I am posting here because I am searching for advice in what ways the National Guard can be part of a public event. I currently am working for a State Senator in New York State. The State Senator who I work for is looking to host an event to honor the work that the Army and Air National Guard Soldiers and Airmen do. Our office manager who is in charge of our Senate office has asked me to assist her in this. Would this be something that we could just call individual national guards units or do we have to go through an official channel of some kind? Thank you for any help and guidance that any of you could provide in this. Take care

You may contact the states Public Affairs office to help you. You can reach NY Public Affairs Office at 518-786-4581

Comment

Thank you I greatly appreciate it!

Comment

The Administrator already recommended the Public Affairs office. In addition to participation at mobilization and demobilization events, you might consider asking the Public Affairs officer about participation in or observation of: field training, marksmanship competitions, Expert Infantry and Expert Medic competitions, civic projects, awards ceremonies, conferences, unit Family Days, Boss Lift (ESGR-sponsored events that get civilian employers involved), Family Programs events, and even Youth Challenge events.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
          The Administrator already recommended the Public Affairs office. In addition to participation at mobilization and demobilization events, you might consider asking the Public Affairs officer about participation in or observation of: field training, marksmanship competitions, Expert Infantry and Expert Medic competitions, civic projects, awards ceremonies, conferences, unit Family Days, Boss Lift (ESGR-sponsored events that get civilian employers involved), Family Programs events, and even Youth Challenge events.
          Thank you Sir that is a good list of things we can do that I didn't even think of. I should have also specified a little more about what we are looking to do. We are looking to host this event at one of the schools located in our district. High school, Grammar school, maybe both on the same day. Some things we were thinking of having were National Guard Soldiers and Airmen come into classes and speak to the students. For example if it's a history class they talk about the history of the branch of service and unit they are in. If it's a class on geography they can bring in maps and compasses and show each student how to plot points on a map and to properly read the correct position of the location they are at and such. English class could be about how to write an Operation Order. I could go on further but I think you get the idea of what I am saying.
          Last edited by NYS; 12-10-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X