Can I join the National Guard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I join the National Guard?

I would really like to join but I have a few medical conditions present and some on my medical records. I have no criminal history, so I already know that I do not have to worry about that. However, my medical conditions are:
    1. Allergy induced asthma - At age 11 I was diagnosed and prescribed and inhaler that I never needed or used. Now, I believe that I do not have asthma, but I have not gotten a doctor to check or assure me that I do not.
    2. Eczema - I do not have it any more, but at age 11, I was diagnosed with a minor case of eczema on the inside of my arms. In a few weeks it cleared with use of a cream.
    3. Cold Hives - My case lasted longer for more than 6 weeks so it is chronic, however it is very minor, and I can operate as if it was not even present. I can swim in cold water, and drink cold drinks just as normal.
    4. Cholinergic urticaria- I had for more than 6 weeks so it is also chronic, but I only get hives when I sweat and no other time.
    My case of cold hives and cholinergic urticaria is both completely controlled with Zyrtec. It does not interfere with my life at all. Also, I know that Eczema is disqualifying after the 9th birthday. With this information, will I have a chance at being able to join, or a chance for a waiver?
    Thank You.

Daniel309 Your best chance for an answer is to meet with your local ARNG Recruiter. Only they will be able to let you know what waivers are available in your state. There is no obligation when speaking to a Recruiter. They are there to help and guide you along the process of enlisting into the Army National Guard. If you do not know where or how to locate a Recruiter, you can contact the 1-800-Go-Guard support team at 1-800-464-8273, or you can chat with them at http://www.NationalGuard.com . They will be more than glad to assist you with reaching out to a local Recruiter.

Comment

Working...
    X